Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm so tired i could cry

To say that this has been a long week is an understatement.....and it is only friday.
For most, it means the start of the weekend, 2 days of freedom from work/school/etc. But not for me. I am on call this weekend, which means i work saturday and sunday (28 hours straight) and then go back to work monday morning and resume my work week. My next day off will be thursday (Thanksgiving).....6 days from now. Thank goodness for a holiday- i will finally get some rest.

I shouldn't complain. I get 6.5-7 hours of sleep a night, which is perfect for most. However, when pulling a 12 hour work day that is both physically and mentally exhausting, i could use 9-10 hours of sleep a night! My stores are deplete! And all the adderall, diet mt dew, and diet coke can't help me now!

I TRIED to sleep in this morning. Instead of my usual 5:15 alarm, i set it for 6, so that i could get to work a bit later and enjoy a few extra minutes of sleep. However, dogs don't realize that you want to sleep in. They don't sense how tired you are. They don't realize that despite getting up at 5:15 every morning for the last few days, that we didn't have to do it again this morning.
5:15 rolled around and Tiberius stuck his face in my face and jumped on the bed.
His internal alarm clock was set for 5:15 and he didn't get the memo i wanted to sleep in.....so i got up. 45 minutes early. My plan for a *little* bit more sleep failed....

And now i am so tired i could cry.........

No comments:

Post a Comment