Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wake up. Eat. Study. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

With 6 days to go, I realized my life looks EXACTLY the same everyday. I wake up. Eat breakfast with the pups. The go to work and study for 6-8 hours. Then come home. Make dinner. Eat dinner. And go to bed. (there is of course family time scattered in there so don’t worry, I am not completely ignoring them!).

It isn’t so bad considering this is almost over, my family isn’t ready to kill me, and I have been making some pretty excellent meals. When you don’t get much joy out of what you are doing during the day (and really, who likes 100 questions of Medicine facts), you take joy in the little things.
For me, it is cooking. Cooking great meals. Cooking great food to share with family and co-workers. Everyone benefits from my monotonous life!



Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca, Prosciutto wrapped asparagus, and Ricotta stuffed tomatoes





Steak (grilled by B), Greek pasta with tomatoes, and Roasted Fennel with olive tapenade and feta cheese







Here is a close up of the fennel. It was AMAZING!



Pineapple, Banana, Coconut, and white chocolate chip bread


Or what Darren and Casey in the UC said "Is this a take everything you have leftover in the kitchen and bake it into bread? What's next, meatball, spinach, and pasta bread?"

Ha! Next time my co-workers won't be so lucky in partaking in my delicious bread!




PS- Every recipe i made here is from the blog "For the love of Cooking."

Check it out. AMAZING stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment