Friday, December 24, 2010

Tis the season

A few years ago, Berry and I decided to host a Christmas Eve dinner for our family. I can't remember why we decided to do it- maybe it was to make sure we got our families together (both sides) for good food and drinks.
This decision has turned into a family tradition and tonight marks the 3rd annual Hiott Christmas Eve Dinner.

Unfortunately, this years preparations haven't gone as smoothly as i would have liked it- since i have to work today, i decided to clean, set up, and cook yesterday. So after i got off of work yesterday at 5 pm, i rushed home, set both dinning room tables and started cooking.
-Blueberry pie
-Collards in the crockpot
-Acorn squash in the crockpot
-Peppermint cookies
-Sweet potato biscuits
After doing all of this, my dishwasher was full!!

And then i started on the potatoes. I peeled about 20 small potatoes.....and stuck the peels down the disposal. Flipped in on and *glug glug glug*. Didn't work. Water started backing up. Water filled up the sink. CRAP!
I broke the disposal.
In a last ditch effort, i pushed the reset button.......nothing.

So now i can't run my dishwasher and can't use one side of my sink. And since i am at work today, Berry has to wash all of the dishes.....and clean up all of my mess........i am sure he isn't thrilled!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment