Monday, December 31, 2012

A year in pictures

So 2012 has come to an end.  And what a year it has been!  

Yesterday i was sitting in front of the tv watching Pitch Perfect for the 100th time (ok, actually just the 5th) while the puppies were chewing on large chewies and I was waiting for Taylor’s train to arrive from Virginia, i started thinking about the year.  What a life changing year.

 Can you believe a year ago tonight Drea and I were together?


And here is her beautiful family out on the boat for a New Years ride.  Now her family has expanded by 1.  hehe

I guess i didn't do much between Jan-April (can you blame me?  i mean i was getting divorced!)
For spring break, we went to Carowinds!

And on April 11th, my niece Ava Ray, turned 1!


Oh- and do you remember the green swamp fiasco?
 And i had to hire a pool company to make it crystal blue and sparkling again.

And on 4-27-12, i went to a champagne benefit for my dear friend Brent Pace and Cystic Fibrosis. 
I didn't eat much that night and after 3 glasses of champagne, ALL the cash that i had in my wallet went to the cause.  It was a good bit more than i was expecting to spend, but hey- it is for a great cause and a great (very handsome) man. I am hoping next year Drea can be my date- hint hint drea!
http://brentapace.com/champagneparty/


And while i loved making this, it is super duper heavy!!


In May, we had a 60th Surprise party for my wonderful mom!


And in June Taylor had a big month.
She got her license.

She went to Europe


And she got me a Joey hat!

In July, i started my 3rd (and last) year of Pulmonary Fellowship.  
Notice how i am the only girl?!?  But i love Matt, Travis, Clay, and Rahul!

Taylor and i did "wine and design" 


Another new addition- Leia
 She loves her brother

 In October, Kelly and Ellis got married!







Halloween!



Taylor's 16th birthday!!  Whooo hoooo!





 And in November, Paul and Erika found out they were having another girl!

Christmas came.....and the terror named Leia attacked our tree.
Final ornament count: 50+
  By the way, I put away all of the Christmas decorations yesterday and Leia still managed to chew up 24 glass ornaments this morning while I was sleeping.  Seriously?  So we have lost 50 ornaments just this year alone.  Thanks. A. Lot.


The babies!




I wish i had taken more pictures this year but i have been a little busy (getting divorced, working, raising a 16 year old, and adjusting to a new, healthier and better life).   2012 was a difficult, life changing year.  Goodbye 2012.  There were some good times but i would rather not revisit most of the other times.  2013 will be MUCH MUCH better.  Can't wait for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment