Monday, October 11, 2010

a "real" weekend

For me, now that i am submerged in fellowship and moonlighting, it is rare to have a "real" weekend. One where i work, relax, sleep, and feel social all at the same time.



I woke up this weekend on Saturday morning, not feeling so hot, but decided to not let my 100.7 temperature and chills/headache/stuffy nose interfere with my plans. I got Taylor and berry up and headed downtown to the Farmer's Market.



Pictures to come...



Downtown was bustling, the veggies looked fresh, and it was nice to bump arms with the folks of Charleston. The lines were long for the amazing food carts and the weather was just a touch on the warm side.



However, the hustle and bustle of downtown wore me out, and as soon as i got home, Tiberius and i took a 3 hour nap. :) It was lovely. My fever broke and i woke up feeling much better.



That evening i had the residents/interns/fellows over for an end of the month cookout. Taylor high tailed it out of the house and hung out with Mary and Paul at the Boone Hall Haunter House. I couldn't blame here. 15 co-workers and alcohol didn't sound like a fun combination for Taylor. Anyway, my attending cooked a tenderloin that was to die for, and everyone brought beer. The only thing that could have made it better was a dip in the hot tub.
:)

Sunday brought another day to sleep in, moonlighting for 6 hours, and then dinner with my brother, sister-in-law, and friend Steve. It was a cozy night. And a "real" weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment