Sunday, October 17, 2010

perfect sunday night

It has become a "family" tradition to watch America's Funniest Home Videos each Sunday night on ABC.
I remember watching it as a kid with my mom, dad, brother and sister. And watching it was a huge privilege as my parents only allowed us to watch 3 hours of tv a week. That's right- three hours. And it wasn't three hours the whole week. We weren't allowed to watch tv during the week except for NCB nightly news. THEN we had 3 hours of tv total to divide between friday, sat, and sun. If we went to a movie at the movie theater, then that counted for 2 hours. My parents were strict!
And don't even get me started on our weekly National Geographic reports.....

I am not that strict with Taylor. The tv was my best friend while i was at Duke because i was able to sit her in front of the tv and turn on Beauty and the Beast (her fav movie) and she would be entertained while i studied. I swear, we watched that movie at least 300 times. I can still sing every song. :)

So here we are. Taylor and i are sitting on the couch (her cackling while i snort at the videos) and Berry is sitting in his dad's recliner with Ellie perched in his lap. It isn't fancy. We aren't dining out, enjoying the city life, or drinking 1/2 wine at some "sunday funday" location. But this is a perfect sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment