Tuesday, October 19, 2010

i'm obsessed with my crock pot

Yes, i will admit it. I am obsessed with my crock pot. And i am ok with that.
You can't really complain when you throw some meat, veggies, broth, and a few spices into the pot, set on low before you go to work, and then when you come home, the house is filled with the wonderful smells of dinner. "Set it and forget it."
I love it.
It is so easy, so effortless, so wonderful.

I spend at least 30 minutes (ok...maybe a hour) during work searching for fun new recipes to try with my crock pot. I have even been making two copies of each one so i can share with my SIL's boyfriend. On a side note, i am glad she has someone to cook her good meals...and it is double bonus if those recipes come from me!! But yes, i will admit that i like looking for recipes....a lot.

The only down side of using my crock pot is the irrational fear it creates each time i use it. I worry that it is going to cause a fire and my house will burn down....with my dogs (and clothes, and shoes and all my possessions) inside. I know it is a silly fear but nevertheless, it is something that gives me an ulcer each time i cook with my crock pot.
However, the benefits outweigh the risks, so i continue to cook. Saying a quick prayer each time i turn it on and then hurry out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment