Monday, March 26, 2012

monday things

Thursday things has been turned into "Monday things" because i felt like blogging this morning and didn't have a particular subject to talk about.  So here are a few random things.
 
1) Yes, i like to harass my med students.  I feel like since we read PFTs all month, they should DO them to see how hard it is for a patient to do them.
So here are Karl and Marc, my med students for March getting their blow on.
I promised them that i wouldn't put their pics up on FB.....but i didn't say anything about my blog.  hehehe.
:) 




2) Feeling slightly domesticated this weekend, i cooked these veggie burgers.  Amazing!  Slightly messy but nevertheless, amazing!  I paired them with TJ sweet potato fries.
A little taste of heaven.
And i love that blog.  So inspiring!


3) Famous last words: "Let's watch a romantic movie."
And so this movie, One Day, was picked.
 It looks romantic and wonderful and i was thinking it was going to be a good movie.
WRONG.
Here is the basic story line (and don't read if you haven't seen the movie and don't want to know the ending): Emma and Dexter meet on the night of their university graduation and they meet up every year on the anniversary of that date - July 15th.  Through the years they grow apart as their lives take different directions (dead end jobs, great jobs, drugs/alcohol) and they meet other people (Dex even gets married and has a daughter) but always pining secretly for each other. But as they grow apart from those other people and their lives start taking opposite directions again, Emma and Dex find that they belong with each other.....and always have.  That is, until Emma dies in a horrific accident and leaves Dex broken hearted, mourning the loss of his best friend/wife/lover that he just had found again.  He, of course in the end, finds solace in his beautiful precocious daughter and living life like Emma was still alive.

After the movie i spent the next TWO HOURS sobbing my eyes out.  I had to hide under a blanket as the movie ended as tears poured down my face- i mean, come on, i am no "crybaby cave" and hate when people see me all "emotional."  I cried in the shower as i was getting ready for bed.  And i cried while TRYING going to sleep.
Stupid movie.
My face is puffy today.  I look like i am on prednisone.


4)
Look at this face.  So precious.
Isn't that a wonderful thing to wake up to every morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment